5 Steps To A Hydrated Skin.
1. Drink enough water!
The first step to hydrating your skin is hydrating your body. It is recommended that the average person drinks at least 8 glasses of water every day. This amount depends on your daily activities and weight.
2. Use Hydrating Skincare Products.
Water-based products are recommended if you have dehydrated skin. Products that penetrate through your skin and deliver water are vital keeping your skin hydrated. Products containing the following ingredients are perfect for hydrating the skin:
1. Hyaluronic Acid An important ingredient in hydrating your skin and maintaining its elasticity. Hyaluronic acid’s water-binding properties help replenish your skins water levels and also prevents early signs of aging.
2. Panthenol Panthenol is an ingredient that penetrates through the skin and delivers moisture to the cells. It also prevents trans-epidermal water loss, improving the skins barrier functions.
3. Ceramides Like the cement that supports the bricks of a building, Ceramides make up and repair your skin’s barrier, which prevents water loss and retains moisture.
4. Urea Urea is a popularly used ingredient in the dermatological world. Urea aids in exfoliation, relieving your skin of roughness and itchiness, leaving your skin smooth and able to easily absorb moisture and product.
3. Use a Humidifier.
A humidifier can be used to create moisture in the air around you, especially during dry winter months.
4. Sunscreen is a must!
Apply a SPF of at least 30 on an hourly basis to prevent UVA and UVB skin damage every time you step out into the sun. Sun exposure can easily and quickly dehydrate your skin, causing it to lose moisture, break down collagen and elastin, causing premature aging. 5. Eat foods rich in water and vitamins. Citrus-based fruits like oranges and lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which is vital to maintain your skin’s texture. Foods rich in Vitamin A and B3 are also essential for your skin’s health.